Articles

Navigation ( archives ›› 2009 ›› October ›› 03 ›› Google Chrome reload all tabs extension ›› comments )

Comments on Google Chrome reload all tabs extension

19 Replies: (add yours)

Hi, when I go to Save the Google Chrome extension for "reload all tabs," I get an error pop-up that says, "Invalid value for 'permissions[0]'" and halts the installation.

Fix possible?

Thanks,

Koji in Austin, TX.

› Posted on October 17, 2009, 11:34 am

Hi Koji,

Make sure you are using the "dev" channel. The current beta, and stable builds do not have extension support for this extension.

For more info, visit here:

dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel

› Posted on October 26, 2009, 11:44 pm

i've lost both hands to ALS and would prefer drop down menu with "load all tabs" before i die. Thank you for all of your work.

› Posted on November 28, 2009, 3:26 pm

Is it possible to add option to reload all tabs in the menu that comes up when any tab is right clicked?

› Posted on December 10, 2009, 8:32 am

Q: Chrome extensions doesn't currently support custom context menus, once they do, I will surely update this extension (which you will receive it autoupdated) :)

› Posted on December 11, 2009, 1:10 am

Hi, is it possible to make it refresh the crashed tabs also?

By the way, thanks for both of your extensions. Very helpful.

› Posted on December 11, 2009, 1:21 am

Soon, I adding that feature to the extension API, and after I commit it, I will update this extension to refresh all crashed tabs.

› Posted on December 12, 2009, 2:49 am

Does not work with Chromium and Pinned tabs for some reason.

› Posted on January 25, 2010, 7:21 am

Works great, I pinned a tab and it works as expected.

› Posted on January 25, 2010, 5:32 pm

Unfortunately it still does not work with pinned tabs.

Using Chromium build 39435 in Windows.

I pin several tabs, and try Ctrl+Shift+R, nothing happens to pinned tabs. But as soon as I remove the pinning the reloading works again.

Could you please try it with pinned tabs again?

› Posted on February 19, 2010, 8:54 am

Maybe there is bug in chrome.tabs.getAllInWindow() function. Perhaps it does not return pinned tabs at all.

I have to test this function myself, I wish one could open up a console and just type that function...

› Posted on February 19, 2010, 9:18 am

I found the bug feature.

I went to some random extensions settings page, and opened up console:

hrome.windows.getCurrent(function (win) { chrome.tabs.getAllInWindow(win.id, function (tabs) { for (var i = 0; i < tabs.length; i++) { chrome.tabs.update(tabs[i].id, {selected: true}) } }) });

undefined

Error during tabs.update: Cannot update pinned tabs

Error during tabs.update: Cannot update pinned tabs

Quiet simply, chrome.tabs.update() is not allowed for pinned tabs.

› Posted on February 19, 2010, 4:29 pm

Yea, I heard there is no pinned tabs support for that, I think I can find an exception. But that will require more privileges for the extension. Maybe we should wait till the bug is fixed.

› Posted on February 19, 2010, 6:32 pm

Hi, good job mate :)

Is it possible to arrange the Reload time of a web page at a desired time (for example Reload Every in FF do tis from 0 sec to as many minutes you want)

› Posted on March 16, 2010, 7:46 am

Hi, great feature. I'm wondering if there is a way to set a reload time on this extention?

› Posted on May 8, 2010, 3:58 pm

Doesnt work on anything in the NYC cuny college system.

i need to be able to refresh all the pages to see if classes opened up.

student.cuny.edu/cgi-bin/SectionMeeting/SectMeetEval.pl?DB=ORACLE_B&STYLE=NEW&COLLEGECODE=02

› Posted on January 19, 2011, 9:24 pm

chrome is faster from screen to screen, too bad it doesnt have a set auto reload

this will put gamers off

› Posted on May 26, 2011, 1:15 pm

You're my hero!

› Posted on July 31, 2011, 7:18 pm

Is there anyway to get this to work in incognito mode? I try to browse in this mode more so because it doesn't seem to keep as much junk on my comp, but the addon only seems to work in normal window mode. Thanks!

› Posted on August 17, 2011, 3:00 pm

Comment on This Article:

No HTML allowed, URIs will be auto-linked, line breaks converted to paragraphs - . Your email address will not show up on this page, I do not store addresses, nor will I give them awat. I hate spam too. (*) - Denotes Required fields!